The Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine continues a series of webinars on amendments in legislation on food safety, feed, animal health and welfare, as well as the formation of principles for organising state control over compliance with legislation under martial law.
The second webinar, which took place on 19 October 2023, was focused on “Legislative amendments in the Dairy Sector”.
The event was aimed at raising FBOs’, specialists’ of SSUFSCP (the State Service of Ukraine on Food Safety and Consumer Protection), representatives’ of dairy processor associations, public associations, and other stakeholder’s awareness of the latest amendments in legislation in the field of production, processing and introduction of milk and dairy products, as well as the peculiarities of state control over compliance with legislation in these areas of activity during the period of martial law.
The number of participants who registered for the event exceeded 400 and the number of questions they asked demonstrated the relevance of the topics raised.
The participants of the event had the opportunity to get acquainted with:
- regulatory innovations for the dairy sector;
- the importance of implementing a Raw milk control program based on “Dairy Module”;
- algorithm of actions of state inspectors (state veterinary inspectors) and authorised persons, as well as FBOs in case of raw milk non-compliance according to such criteria as total bacterial count, somatic cells count, residues of veterinary medicinal products and/or other contaminants (including inhibitory substances);
- peculiarities of conducting a risk-based inspection of milk production farms, milk collection points and milk processors,
- specific requirements of the legislation on safety and certain quality indicators of dairy products for producers of craft products.
The video recording of the second webinar is available here:
The webinar materials are available here.
For reference. On 25 October the third webinar “Amendments in Legislation in the Field of Veterinary Medicine and Feed in the Field of Poultry Production” will be held. It will be useful for FBOs, SSUFSCP specialists, inspectors, representatives of associations and public organisations and other interested parties.
The event was organised with support of the EU Project “Improvement of legislation, control and, awareness in food safety, animal health and welfare in Ukraine” (EU4SaferFood) and Switzerland within the framework of the Swiss-Ukrainian Program “Higher Value Added Trade from the Organic and Dairy Sector in Ukraine”, implemented by the Research Institute of Organic Agriculture (FiBL, Switzerland) in partnership with SAFOSO AG (Switzerland).