On the occasion of World School Milk Day, which was celebrated on 27 September this year, a competition for educational institutions was once again held,, that was initiated by Ukrainian milk producers and processors.
The main goal of the competition is to raise awareness among children and adults about the health benefits of milk and dairy products, to draw attention to and highlight the issue of healthy eating with a focus on milk and dairy products, and to create public demand for quality and safe milk and dairy products.
The competition was held from 1 September 2023 to 27 September 2023. Any educational institutions could participate in the competition, and the winners were selected based on the following criteria:
- The number of events held during the duration of the competition.
- The number of offline events, including those held in the educational institution with various activities.
- The number of open lessons, lectures, and educational hours held in the educational institution.
- The number of publications published on the educational institution’s website about participation in the competition and all held events.
- Target audience reached by the events.
In total, 284 educational institutions from 19 oblasts of Ukraine were participated in the competition and held thematic activities in their schools, kindergartens, and communities. The contest organisers encouraged the participants to use the educational materials available on the ZNAIMO platform. In total, more than 300,000 people were involved in lectures, open and career guidance lessons, competitions, street awareness campaigns, excursions, flash mobs, cooking classes and other events organised by educational institutions!
We are pleased to announce the winners who received the main prises from Astarta Kyiv agro-industrial holding:
- Hadiach Olena Pchilka Lyceum No. 1, Poltava oblast.
- Gymnasium No. 315 with in-depth study of foreign languages, Kyiv.
- Preschool educational institution (kindergarten-nursery) No. 1, Chortkiv, Ternopil oblast.
In addition, the Swiss-Ukrainian Program “Higher Value Added Trade from the Organic and Dairy Sector in Ukraine” selected three more winners from the territories where hostilities are (were) carried out: Dnipro, Donetsk, Zaporizhzhia, Mykolaiv, Sumy, Kharkiv, Kherson and Chernihiv oblasts. In total, 60 applications were received from these oblasts, and the winners were as follows:
- Elanets Lyceum No. 1, Mykolaiv oblast.
- Romny secondary school No. 11, Sumy oblast.
- General secondary education “Academic” in Kramatorsk, Donetsk oblast.
Special gifts in the form of dairy products will be given to:
- Nikopol City Children’s Hospital (Dnipropetrovsk oblast) from Group of enterprises «Milk Alliance».
- Zaporizhzhya Gymnasium No. 89 (Zaporizhzhya city) from Loostdorf LLC.
- Kryvyi Rih Lyceum No. 119 (Kryvyi Rih city) from TM Kaniv.
- Hlukhiv Secondary School No. 1 (Sumy region) from Molokija.
Congratulations to the winners! In addition, it should be noted that a new video “The Way of Milk” is also available on the ZNAIMO platform, from which children and parents will learn about quality and safety control of milk and dairy products and what laboratory tests and inspections milk undergoes to get to store shelves in Ukraine.
The events was organised with support of the Loostdorf LLC, Group of enterprises «Milk Alliance», Molokija, TM Kaniv, and Astarta-Kyiv with the information support of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine and in cooperation with the Ukrainian Institute for Education Development and with the support of Switzerland within the framework of the Swiss-Ukrainian Program “Higher Value Added Trade from the Organic and Dairy Sector in Ukraine”, implemented by the Research Institute of Organic Agriculture (FiBL, Switzerland) in partnership with SAFOSO AG (Switzerland).