Organic Initiative, which includes key players of the organic sector of Ukraine initiated the Grant Program “Support of the organic sector in Ukraine”.
The purpose of the Grant Program is to support the organic producers to overcome the current situation and preserve and strengthen the capacity of the organic sector of Ukraine in the mid- and long-term.
Organic market operators, service providers, public organisations and unions working in the field of organic production, circulation and labeling of organic products – legal entities residents in Ukraine can apply for the grant program.
Apply for support
- Phase 1. Urgent support of organic producers affected by the Russian invasion since February 24, 2022 for organic certification.
For additional questions, please contact Natalia Cholovska, President of Ecoterra, +38 050 430 76 23.
The maximum amount of the grant within the 1st phase of the program will be UAH 70,000 (approx 2.250 CHF)
- Phase 2. Strengthening the capacity of the organic sector, supporting organic operators and developing the organic market in Ukraine.
It is important at this phase to create the preconditions for further development of the organic sector. Support will be given to initiatives that help restore the economic viability of operators and service providers of the organic market.
The maximum amount of support under Phase 2 will be 5 thousand CHF in hryvnia equivalent.
The dates of the 2nd phase of the program will be announced separately and will depend on the availability of funds.
Phase 1 of the program implemented by Organic Initiative with the support of:
- Switzerland within the framework of the Swiss-Ukrainian Program “Higher Value Added Trade from the Organic and Dairy Sector in Ukraine” implemented by the Research Institute of Organic Agriculture (FiBL, Switzerland) in partnership with SAFOSO AG (Switzerland).
QFTP Program provide 38,000 CHF to support Grant Program.
- Switzerland within the framework of the Organic Trade 4 Development in Eastern Europe (OT4D) Program implemented by IFOAM – Organics International in partnership with HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation and Research Institute of Organic Agriculture (FiBL).
OT4D Program provide 75 thousand CHF to support Grant Program.
- Sunrise Foods International (Canada) transferred 5 thousand USA Dollars to support Ukrainian Organic Sector.